Blue Max® Tile & Floor is a tough blue elastomeric waterproofing rubber. It can be used in both residential and commercial applications where a waterproofing membrane is needed during the application of floor and wall tiles. Blue Max® Tile & Floor meets Uniform Plumbing Code specifications for use as a shower pan liner.
• Surface must be pressured washed to remove all contaminants, chalk, loose paint, rust, debris, and other foreign matter that can impede adhesion
• Surface must be totally dry before coating
Apply between 50 – 90 F on a warm dry surface. Surface temperature must be 5 degrees F higher than the dew point and rising
• Do not allow product in packaging to freeze
• Do not apply in inclement weather, rain
• Do not apply if temperature is expected to drop below 32°F in the next 16 hours
• Do not install in area expected to reach 180°F or above
• Do not use as a wear surface: the membrane must be covered with tile or other permanent flooring
• Avoid direct exposure to sunlight for long periods of time.
• Brush: Nylon/polyester
• Roller: 3/8″ – 1/2″ nap nylon/polyester
• Sprayer: Airless – 1.5 – 2.0 gallons per minute @ 2500- 3000 psi. 629 – 633 tip. Hose 3/4″ – 1/2″ at gun. 40 mesh machine filter
Review product Technical Data Sheet before proceeding. Conduct a test patch to ensure proper adhesion
• Ensure area to be filled is clean of debris and loose material and is dry. Use a wire brush if needed to remove loose material
• Blue Max® Tile & Floor must be top coated with a high-quality acrylic paint for all exterior exposures. On interior surfaces Blue Max must be top coated with a high-quality acrylic paint for washability
• Do not apply Blue Max if the temperature is expected to drop below 32° F within 24 hours of application
• Do not apply over wet substrates
• Do not apply in high heat areas of 180° F (82°C).
The information and specifications depicted in the Technical Data Sheet are based on tests conducted by or done on behalf of Ames Research Laboratories, Inc. This information and specifications are set forth in this Technical Data Sheet are subject to change and pertains to the product available at time of publication. Please contact Ames research Laboratories to receive the most recent Technical Data Sheet.
Clean-up, Storage & Disposal
• Clean up tools, spills, hands immediately after use with soap & water
• Store unused product in thew original container tightly sealed
• Dispose of this product in accordance with local, state, or federal requirements
• Do not take internally
• Keep out of reach of children
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes
• Use hand and eye protection when using this product
• Wash with soap and water after contact with skin
• If eye-contact occurs rinse with clean water and seek medical advice if symptoms continue
Call 888-345-0809 To Place Your Order!